Amazing! I don’t know what more to say about this chicken so let’s just leave it at that. Blog post done! Just kidding! Seriously one of the most deliciously juicy chicken breast dinners to come out of my slow cooker, EVER! A creamy honey mustard sauce, pepper jack cheese and just the slightest hint of jalapeno flavor makes this just a little different than your average boring weeknight dinner. My whole family loved it and it was something I would totally serve to company as well.
The idea for this came from our anniversary dinner meal. We went to an amazing little pizza joint and asked our server for her suggestion. She said her favorite pizza was the Honey Jack Pizza and she did not let us down! I’m pretty sure we both devoured about twice as much as should have been allowable because it was absolutely that good!
I was thinking it would be great to try and recreate it at home! But I didn’t make it that far since I had more chicken to use than I would have needed for a pizza. So I decided to revamp and come up with a delicious chicken breast that would be surprisingly healthy while still being rich and delicious. This did not disappoint!
I browned these up with bit of butter in the skillet before adding to the slow cooker just to give them a nice crust and appearance. If you have time I recommend doing it, but if you don’t I think these will still be delicious.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (mine were large so I cut them in half to have 6 small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- Melt butter over medium high heat in skillet
- Add chicken and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned
- Add chicken to slow cooker
- In small bowl whisk together mayo, both mustards, honey and lemon juice
- Pour over chicken
- Remove ribs and seeds from pepper and slice
- Place a slice over each chicken breast and add any extra as desired
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-7 hours until chicken is cooked through
- Add cheese and let melt for a few minutes
- Remove chicken and whisk remaining sauce
- Pour sauce over chicken as desired
I cooked this on low in my 5 quart slow cooker for 6 1/2 hours
If you like a lot of sauce I would suggesting doubling the sauce ingredients
Honey Mustard via AllRecipes.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!