So I really enjoyed our nice little discussion around apple vs pumpkin over on Facebook the other day! Pumpkin came out the clear winner and therefore I posted my recipe for Slow Cooker Browned Butter Pumpkin Cheesecake last Friday. But apple people…. I know you are there! Where were you?! I mean pumpkin is great but think about all the things that go with apple. Like caramel. What else? I have no idea, I am totally stuck on caramel because it’s my absolute favorite! These little babies have a cookie layer, cheesecake filling and a caramel apple topping! Jackpot!!
I was originally thinking this would end up making like 6 or so cookie bars. But oh my gosh! These are RICH! So I settled on cutting them up into like 1 1/2 dozen mini bites that were totally perfect. Pop one in your mouth and your craving for all things dessert is satisfied. That didn’t stop me from eating 2 (or maybe 3) at a time.
The ingredient list and instructions will look a little long but hang in there. These are really pretty simple to make it just takes a little coordinating to get all the layers in there. No oven heating required so that’s a definate bonus!Store these in the fridge until ready to eat! I like to keep the leftover for a few days because they make the perfect after dinner treat! Especially after another “fallish” meal like Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Chili!
These would be a great treat for a Halloween party, tailgate or any other get together! Everyone loves little bite-sized desserts!
- 1½ sticks butter (softened)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Skor Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 14 ounces canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 apple (diced (optional, peel))
- 1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- In large bowl beat together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt (I used my hand held mixer)
- Add in egg and mix until combined
- Slowly add flour and mix until dough is formed
- Stir in toffee bits
- In a separate bowl beat together cheesecake ingredients
- Press cookie dough into bottom of crock
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the top and spread evenly
- Top with apple and caramel bits
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours
- Cool completely when done before removing from crock
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!