So I really enjoyed our nice little discussion around apple vs pumpkin over on Facebook the other day! Pumpkin came out the clear winner and therefore I posted my recipe for Slow Cooker Browned Butter Pumpkin Cheesecake last Friday. But apple people…. I know you are there! Where were you?! I mean pumpkin is great but think about all the things that go with apple. Like caramel. What else? I have no idea, I am totally stuck on caramel because it’s my absolute favorite! These little babies have a cookie layer, cheesecake filling and a caramel apple topping! Jackpot!!
I was originally thinking this would end up making like 6 or so cookie bars. But oh my gosh! These are RICH! So I settled on cutting them up into like 1 1/2 dozen mini bites that were totally perfect. Pop one in your mouth and your craving for all things dessert is satisfied. That didn’t stop me from eating 2 (or maybe 3) at a time.
The ingredient list and instructions will look a little long but hang in there. These are really pretty simple to make it just takes a little coordinating to get all the layers in there. No oven heating required so that’s a definate bonus!Store these in the fridge until ready to eat! I like to keep the leftover for a few days because they make the perfect after dinner treat! Especially after another “fallish” meal like Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Chili!
- 1½ sticks butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup Skor Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, diced (optional, peel)
- 1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- In large bowl beat together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt (I used my hand held mixer)
- Add in egg and mix until combined
- Slowly add flour and mix until dough is formed
- Stir in toffee bits
- In a separate bowl beat together cheesecake ingredients
- Press cookie dough into bottom of crock
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the top and spread evenly
- Top with apple and caramel bits
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours
- Cool completely when done before removing from crock
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!