What a week! It’s all been a blur. I ended up getting a rotten cold and it took all I had just to keep everybody fed, dressed and to school on time. What is it about a silly little cold that can just bring you to your knees? Too bad I hadn’t known it was coming. I could have made another one of these breakfast casseroles and had it all cut up in the fridge so that I wouldn’t have to deal with making breakfast. But I think I’ve finally emerged from the other side and can finally sit down at my laptop and share this with you.
I’ve made this a couple of times and the second time I think I got it just right with the amount of cheese and seasonings needed. It’s so easy to make and just took around 3 hours in my slow cooker.
You can add the quinoa in here uncooked and it will sink to the bottom and end up forming sort of a bottom crust. It’s all done cooking when the eggs are set and the edges are starting to brown a little.
This recipe was featured on Slow Cooker From Scratch!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well and uncooked
- 1½ cups milk (I used 2%)
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup frozen cut leaf spinach (or use a handful of fresh!)
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (colby, monterey jack, cheddar, etc.)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl whisk 6 eggs until beaten. Add quinoa, milk, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Gently mix in spinach, tomatoes and ½ cup shredded cheese
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- Add egg and quinoa mixture to crock
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours until eggs are set and edges are lightly browned
Want more breakfast recipes for your slow cooker?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!