Hello!!! Just popping in from the beach really quick to say hi and share a recipe with you! I had actually planned to have several recipes ready to go for you all that I could share throughout this week but life got the better of me and I just didn’t get everything done before we left for vacation. I have to admit that as much as I love to keep busy and as much as I love to create new recipes it’s been pretty nice to disconnect a bit and spend some time with my family. If you like seeing vacation pics make sure you pop over and follow me on Instagram!!
In order to get back to my vacation quickly I won’t say to much about this recipe except that it’s pasta made in the slow cooker so of course it’s the perfect easy meal. And it’s got a good amount of spice so it’s also pretty darn delicious!
Next week I’ll share a little more about our trip and what it’s like to take a road trip with two kiddos! The first couple of days we ate out quite a bit and now we are doing some cooking at our condo! Here’s a couple pics for now and I’m going to bore you with plenty more when I do my vacation post! 🙂
We got caught in the rain so instead of our original lunch plans we ended up trying these super yummy nachos. Meant to be!!!
And of course how could the meal be complete without a little margarita? 😉
So, if you need a great and simple meal idea I’d love for you to try out this pasta that my family loves and then I will be back soon and hopefully coming up with some creative new meal ideas to share. Any requests?
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup hot sauce (like Frank's)
- 8oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon corn starch + 1 tablespoon water, whisked together
- ¼ - ½ cup heavy cream (depending on how creamy vs. spicy you prefer), for later
- 10 oz uncooked linguine pasta noodles, for later
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Whisk together broth, hot sauce, tomato sauce, sugar, seasonings and corn starch mixture together
- Poor over chicken and cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Turn slow cooker to high heat
- Add cream and noodles (break up if needed) and stir and press noodles to submerge in liquid as much as possible, stirring a few times while cooking
- Let cook until noodles are done, about 45 minutes
Want more pasta recipes for your slow cooker?
Hungry for more chicken recipes?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!