Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are a colorful and delicious way to eat healthy this summer and year round! Get your kids to eat their veggies with this fun and simple vegetarian recipe that’s like nature’s meal bowl!
Want a great way to eat your veggies? Stuff ’em! Curious how to cook Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers? They are so versatile and are simple to make, especially when you use your slow cooker.
Try these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers today!
- This vegetarian version is especially easy since there is no precooking of anything involved.
- Simply mix a few ingredients in a bowl, slice open the peppers, stuff them full and let them cook away for a few hours.
- This is such a great way to make a wholesome healthy meal!
Do you have a favorite pepper color? I like the orange and yellow best. Maybe because they are a little sweet? You can use whatever your family likes. Maybe you have a kid who’s favorite color is orange. Well, giving them an orange dinner is a great way to get them to eat their veggies, right? Will they even realize how nutritious and healthy these are?
I love black beans for my protein, but again, go with your family’s favorites!
These variations will work perfectly swapped out for black beans in these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers:
- White Beans
- Kidney Beans
- Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
Top it all off with a little drizzle of sour cream and maybe a sprinkling of fresh cilantro and you can call this dinner. I absolutely love these complete meals from the slow cooker. Fills everyone up with good nutritious food but takes me very little effort. You can’t go wrong with an easy recipe like that!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers are a colorful and delicious way to eat healthy this summer and year round! Get your kids to eat their veggies with this fun and simple recipe that is like nature's meal bowl!
- 4 large bell peppers , any color
- 15 oz can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Minute Rice Premium
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup water + 1/2 cup water in slow cooker
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- Wash peppers, cut off tops and remove ribs and seeds
- In a bowl, mix together beans, tomatoes, rice, seasonings and 1/2 cup water until well combined
- Stuff into peppers until they are filled to the top
- Add the other 1/2 cup water to bottom of slow cooker
- Carefully place peppers into slow cooker, filling side up
- Top evenly with cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until peppers are tender and rice is cooked
You will need at least a 5 quart slow cooker in order to fit 4 stuffed peppers