If you have a meat lover who turns their nose up at the thought of “just soup” for dinner, have I got a recipe for you!! This one is so meaty, hearty, rich and filling it will satisfy the soup lovers and the meat lovers and even the pasta lovers alike! That, and it’s so simple to make that the cook of the family will probably love it the most!
In fact, this may just be one of the the simplest recipes you will make all week! And simple does not have to = boring. In fact, we are taking this soup up a notch my using some spicy marinara sauce to give it just a little bit of kick. Everyone will wonder how you had time to make such an amazing dinner!!
Let this slow cook all day and come home to a house filled with the smell of tomatoes and broth and hearty beef. And who won’t love the addition of the cheese filled tortellini noodles?! Seriously a meal that will please all.
Also? Makes great leftovers for lunch!! Eat this and no more late afternoon trip to the vending machine to fend off those growling stomachs… this will keep you full until dinner time!
Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Tortellini Soup
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 2 cups spicy marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 14.5oz cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 oz dried tortellini pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream optional
- grated parmesan cheese for serving optional
- Add stew meat, spaghetti sauce, broth, diced tomatoes and Italian seasoning to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 7 - 9 hours
- Remove lid and stir (you can also break up any larger chunks of stew meat if desired)
- Add tortellini pasta and turn slow cooker to high, let cook for 20-30 minutes or until pasta is tender
- To cut the acidity a bit you can stir in one to two tablespoons of cream, this is optional but does help the flavors work together nicely
- Serve garnished with grated parmesan cheese or as desired
Looking for more hearty soup recipes to add to your fall meal plan?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!