Flaky, buttery and simple to make in your slow cooker!
These Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Cookie Bars are divine!
Have you seen the Caramel Bits from Kraft? I sent Shawn to the store to pick up a few things including caramels and he found these. I knew I needed to make something with them ASAP. I’ve seen people make various brownie/cookie concoctions in the slow cooker before and I decided to accept the challenge. I couldn’t find any recipes that would make exactly what I wanted to so I decided to improvise! I mixed up an easy butter cookie type recipe and it was pretty much as simple as that! Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Cookie Bars were born!
I wasn’t sure how long these would “bake” so I started them around 1:30 thinking they would be done in time for our 3:00 after school play date. Unfortunately, they didn’t finish up until around 4:30 and it was a little close to dinner time to give them to the kids. But, that didn’t stop me from sneaking a bite. Don’t tell. I consider it quality control, I can’t have anyone else eating something that I haven’t checked on first. Yep..that’s my story. By the way..how awesome is it to bake without having to watch the oven?!? For me, it’s pretty much the only way it’s going to happen.
It was a little tricky to tell when these were done. You need to gently lift up an edge and see if they are browning on the bottom. Also, stick a fork or a toothpick in the top to make sure it comes out without any raw dough. The top will look a little soft but will set as the cookies cool. They turned out so fluffy, buttery, and with just the right amount of sweet and salty! I can’t resist eating just one more!
If you love Salted Caramel, check out some of my other recipes!
- Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Steamers
- Slow Cooker Sweet Caramel French Toast Casserole
- Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Salted Caramel Brownies
Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Cookie BarsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 1 package caramel (11 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- Spray the bottom of your crock with nonstick spray (make sure to coat it well)
- With your mixer, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla
- Add egg and salt and mix until combined
- Add flour 1 cup at a time and mix until dough forms
- Sprinkle a little extra flour over the dough and use your hands to form it into a ball
- Use a little over half of the dough and press it down in the bottom of the crock. Use a little sprinkle of flour as needed to keep it from sticking to your hands
- Sprinkle the bag of caramels evenly over the crust
- Using the remaining dough crumble it over the top of the caramel layer
- Top it all off by sprinkling the sea salt over the top of it all
- Cook covered on low for 2 - 3 hours
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!