So it’s officially summer now although it’s felt that way to me for several weeks now. The kids have been home from school, the temps have been climbing and we’ve been spending more than our fair share of time at the pool. Aside from the fact that I need to be up no later than 5am to be able to get a run in the morning, I love everything about summer! Well, the early wake up time and the climbing electric bill. Since I’m not likely to skimp on the a/c then I have to do my best to compensate including not using my oven on hot days. But what do you do when your kids are bored and asking to do some baking with mom? Turn them down? No way! Just fire up the crock!!
My sweet girl really wanted to make some cookies this week and I got to thinking about the fact that I’ve not made any chocolate chip cookies in the crockpot yet. We could have stuck with a basic recipe but since we had also picked up some marshmallows at the store it seemed only appropriate to go with a S’mores cookie to stick with the summer theme.
A basic chocolate chip cookie recipe right off the package and then add a topping of chocolate chips, marshmallows and Teddy Grahams. You can picture yourself sitting by the campfire while you are eating these minus the fear of singeing your eyebrows or burning your fingers.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Base from Ghirardelli package:
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- For topping:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Honey Teddy Grahams
- 20 marshmallows full-sized
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla
- Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- Using a large spoon sprayed with nonstick spray, press dough evenly into crock
- Top by sprinkling evenly with chocolate chips, marshmallow, and Teddy Grahams
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours. Mine took 3.5 hours.
- Cookie is done when lightly browned and edges are starting to get crisp
- Turn off crock and let cool
- Cut and remove with spatula
I used a 6 quart oval crock for this recipe
Base cookie dough recipe from Ghiradelli.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!