You must try this easy to prepare Slow Cooker Roast Beef with Rosemary and Garlic! The roast beef is seasoned beautifully and the flavors pair perfectly with Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. Your slow cooker does all the hard work making this delicious meal perfect for the next holiday celebration or week night meal!
What do you do for the holidays and family get togethers? Or even just Sunday dinner? Do you stick to the traditional or do something a little different? Do a lot of cooking? Order up a meal? Eat at someone else's house? We love big family dinners but we also love easy! If you want a traditional meal it doesn't have to be a ton of work. How you ask? Well, by using the slow cooker, of course! (you knew that was coming, right?!)
Some people do turkey dinners for holiday meals but my mom used to cook up THE most amazing prime rib roast but with more and more people to feed every year it's given way to some new traditions. Maybe one of these days I will get her to share her prime rib recipe with you all (and me!) because, trust me, it's amazing!!
Your Slow Cooker is the perfect tool to use for this Slow Cooker Roast Beef!
- This cut of meat was made for the slow cooker, turn it on low and cook all day! So easy and simple!
- No tough or chewy roast beef here. Cooking this roast beef in the slow cooker for an extended length of time results in the most delicious meat.
- This cut of meat has little fat so it doesn't turn out greasy at all in your slow cooker. Instead the result is juicy and flavorful roast beef!
Follow these simple steps and you will have the most delicious slow cooker roast beef dinner you've had in a long time!
- You will definitely want to brown up the roast beef to get a nice crust on the outside! I used my 4-quart multi-cooker for this recipe. A simple skillet will work well too!
- By browning up this slow cooker roast beef, it will seal in all that yummy flavor and really infuse the garlic and rosemary! Such a delicious flavor combination.
- Lastly, deglaze your pan or multi-cooker with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. This really adds a punch of flavor!
This Slow Cooker Roast Beef is perfect served up with my Slow Cooker Gratin potatoes or Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes for a delicious but easy holiday meal or a just a special dinner (since it is so easy, why not have it on a weeknight?!)
Slow Cooker Rosemary Garlic Crusted Roast Beef
- 2 pound eye of round beef roast (you can also use rump roast if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks fresh rosemary
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Rub roast all over with olive oil
- Chop leaves of rosemary and combine with garlic, sea salt and pepper
- Rub around the outside of the roast to form a crust
- Preheat a skillet or multicooker to 400 degrees
- Add roast and sear on each side until lightly browned (4-6 minutes)
- Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and transfer all contents to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours
- Remove and let rest for 15-30 minutes then slice to serve