Are you dreaming of comfort food? Delicious and creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder is the answer! Pair this with a bonus recipe of Parmesan Garlic Biscuits and you will have an easy week night favorite!
I’m pretty sure I made my favorite Corn and Potato Chowder recipe about 17,000 times last winter and never once got tired of it or wished I had something different. But, when I got to thinking about it this year after having people ask me several times for a version with meat, I decided to try something new after all! So I switched it up just a bit, left out the potatoes, added some chicken and made a few minor adjustments. Only problem? I like this version so much too, so creamy and filling! How will I ever decide which one to make for the rest of this chowder season?!?
And just to make sure I pleased all the meat lovers, do you see the bacon I crumbled on top there? You are so very welcome. I mean, technically it’s optional, but is bacon ever really optional?
Even better yet, on top of all this hearty, chicken and bacon packed chowder, I’m going to give you a bonus recipe! Because I can’t imagine how one might eat creamy chowder without biscuits, I’m sharing a simple recipe for parmesan garlic drop biscuits that you can make in about 15 minutes.
Take this Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder to the next level and pair with my Parmesan Garlic Drop Biscuits!
- So simple! Grab these pantry staples: flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, butter, milk and parmesan cheese.
- While the chowder is doing it’s thing in the slow cooker mix ingredients as instructed in recipe below, adding the cheese last and being careful not to over-mix.
- These biscuits are very rustic in nature, delicious and on the table in no time. The absolute perfect compliment to the chicken corn chowder!
Try this try simple trick, it makes the Chicken Corn Chowder out of this world!
- Simply melt a little butter and brown the chicken before adding to your slow cooker.
- Even though you are going to shred it later, it gives the chicken great flavor and texture that makes the soup that much better.
- Want to make this step super easy with no extra clean-up? Use a multi-cooker that lets you brown the meat right in the slow cooker!
Are you dreaming of or having a craving for comfort food? Delicious and creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder is the answer! Pair this with a bonus recipe of Parmesan Garlic Biscuits and you will have an easy week night favorite!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 16 oz frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream for later
- salt for later
- 4 slices bacon cooked crispy (for later), optional
- fresh chives for garnish optional
- Optional step: melt butter in skillet over medium to high heat until really hot and bubbly (or in multi cooker)
- Optional step: Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper
- Optional step: Place in skillet and let brown on each side for 2-3 minutes to get a golden crust
- Transfer to slow cooker
- Add corn
- Sprinkle chicken and corn with flour, onion powder, garlic powder and thyme and toss to coat evenly
- Slowly add broth while stirring so that it doesn't clump
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Shred chicken with forks then stir in cream
- Taste and add salt as needed (start with 1/4 teaspoon and add more to taste, I used about 1 teaspoon)
- Return to high heat and let warm through for about 15 minutes
- Serve garnished with crumbled bacon and chives or as desired
I cooked this on high for 3 1/2 hours from start to finish in my 4.5 quart mulitcooker.
Delicious Parmesan Garlic Drop Biscuits ready in not time at all using staple panty ingredients. Pair these with my Slow Cooler Chicken and Corn Chowder for the perfect weeknight meal!
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
Sift flour, baking powder, garlic powder and salt into bowl
- Chop butter and cut into flour mixture until crumbly
- Create a well and pour in milk
- Mix gently until just combined
- Mix in cheese until evenly distributed, being careful not to overmix
- Drop into 12 equal sized biscuits
- Bake 9-11 minutes until lightly browed
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!