Only 5 ingredients and a few minutes needed to create a healthy and tasty family dinner? This Slow Cooker Beef Curry is so simple to make and is packed with rich and delicious flavor. Why settle for another boring dinner when you could have this flavorful one instead with less work!
What is beef curry?
This beef curry is made with slow cooked beef in a sweet, smoky and flavorful complex sauce made from homemade curry seasoning and coconut milk.
Choose a lean, flavorful cut of beef and slow cook it all day on low for best results.
The meat will come out so tender and flavorful and will be delicious served over rice for a simple yet delicious family meal.
The ingredients for this particular curry are designed to be simple so that you can quickly throw this in your slow cooker in the morning and come home to a delicious meal with complex flavors in the evening.
- beef - I like a lean stew meat or chuck roast for this recipe
- coconut milk - an unsweetened can of coconut milk
- onion and garlic - for extra flavor
- homemade curry powder
- salt to taste - I prefer around 1 teaspoon
How to make beef curry
I prefer using my slow cooker for dishes like this to let the flavors slow cooker and meld all day.
You'll want to make sure your beef is in bite sized pieces so that it will cook evenly and let the flavors soak into every bite.
Whisk together the coconut milk with the seasoning and pour it over the meat along with the onion and garlic.
Let cook all day on low for best results. When it's done cooking, the meat will be fall apart tender and you can break it into smaller pieces if desired.
How to serve beef curry...
Beef curry is delicious served simply over steamed white or brown rice. I also love chickpea rice as a grain free option.
I love topping it off with fresh chopped cilantro for extra flavor.
This is also a great meal prep recipe. Portion out the curry over rice in individual containers and reheat to serve.
Slow Cooker Beef Curry
- 2 pounds beef stew meat or chuck roast diced into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon jarred minced garlic
- 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons homemade curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Serve over rice topped with fresh cilantro or as desired
- leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in fridge - reheat to serve
- can use stew meat, chuck roast or any lean cut of beef
- cut up meat to ensure even cooking and best flavor results
- can use store bought curry powder in place of homemade if desired. Amounts may need to be adjusted to taste.