Want to know the easiest way to turn up the dial on chicken dinners? Try this classic recipe with a twist, Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Carrots! A healthy and tasty dinner with a beautiful presentation that will have everyone’s mouth watering before you get it to the table!
As much as I love coming up with, and sharing, seemingly random recipes I’ve created out of my love for trying unusual food combinations (like Pulled Pork Nachos topped with pomegranate arils and goat cheese sauce, or jalapeño popper style chicken turned into Flautas topped with blueberry and peach salsa), I also love cooking up back to basics style recipes with just enough of a twist to keep them interesting. Recipes like this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken that are simple to make, tasty and have just the right combination of ingredients to keep you from getting bored with dinner.
When you are just trying to get dinner on the table at night, do you spend time thinking about the presentation of the food? I don’t think most of us do, we are focused on the practical aspect of the cooking and getting hungry people fed as soon as possible! But take a minute to consider how we truly eat with our eyes first. When the food looks appealing we are pretty excited to dig in.
A few quick steps will dress up this Slow Cooker Chicken with Carrots, and even make your prep work easier!
- Keep the carrots whole instead of chopping, this allows you to throw everything in the slow cooker in no time at all. Also, it makes for a much prettier presentation!
- I also think it’s fairly important in this recipe to brown up your chicken thighs a tad before slow cooking because crispy browned up chicken is so much more appealing.
- Have you had a chance to try this multi-cooker? It is staple in my kitchen and makes clean up a breeze while allowing me to put attractive, delicious and healthy food on the table!
A simple sauce using ingredients that you can easily keep on hand and you have a beautiful slow cooker dinner (yes, slow cooker food can be beautiful!) that I know you will be proud to serve!
Want more ‘Back to Basics with a Twist’ style recipes like this Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Carrots? Try these!
- Slow Cooker Whole Roasted Chicken with Citrus and Herbs
- Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Tequila Lime Chicken
Want to know the easiest way to turn up the dial on chicken dinners? Try this classic recipe with a twist, Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken with Carrots! A healthy and tasty dinner with a beautiful presentation that will have everyone's mouth watering before you get it to the table!
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 pound carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Melt butter in skillet or multi-cooker over medium high heat
- Add chicken thighs skin side down and let brown for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown
- Flip and let brown for 2-3 minutes on other side
- Wash and peel carrots, leave whole
- Whisk together vinegar, honey, salt, dried cilantro, garlic and red pepper flakes
- Add chicken to slow cooker along with carrots
- Pour balsamic mixture over the top
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
I cooked this on high in my 4 quart multi-cooker for 4 hours. Local raw honey is my favorite in this recipe, try out some from your area and see if you like it!