A creative and inspired dinner! Use the slow cooker to make a Slow Cooker Meatloaf Sandwich that is hearty and flavorful for a unique meal.
Do you ever get a weeknight craving for a delicious burger but just not have the energy to fire up the grill? Sure you could pick one up but unless you have a really good burger place nearby that's not always the best option. I've been pondering on this for a couple of years now (not kidding, this is how my mind really works, thinking of food practically all the time!). And finally the idea came to me. People like meatloaf sandwiches, right? So why not make our meatloaf burger style and turn it into a burger you can have after a long day and no grill required?!
I went pretty traditional on this and stuck with one my favorite seasonings that I keep on hand for not only for burgers but lots of other recipes as well.
Easily make up your meatloaf and even freeze it for later if that's your thing. This is the perfect make ahead meal!
You could certainly get more creative, and I plan to try out some new versions of this myself, but I wanted to get the basics down first. Pick out your favorite toppings and come home to a delicious burger without the hassle!
Slow Cooker Meatloaf Sandwich
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons worcestercsire pub burger seasoning (see notes)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together milk and panko breadcrumbs and let soak for 5 minutes
- In large bowl add softened breadcrumbs to beef, turkey, egg and seasoning
- Mix gently by hand until combined but be careful not to over-mix
- Form into a rounded loaf shape and place in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 until cooked through
- Remove and let rest for about 10 minutes then slice into thick slices
- Serve on buns with toppings as desired
- Worcestershire seasoning
- A 4-quart oval slow cooker works best for this recipe
- Make the loaf ahead of time then wrap it (uncooked) tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag and keep in fridge for up to 2 days or freezer for 3-4 months.
Have a little more time and wanting to fire up the grill? How about a traditional (with a twist) burger recipe?
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!