Trust me, I know the feeling of being so exhausted at the end of a long day that you don’t feel like cooking! But I promise there is no need to swing through the drive-thru on busy nights when you can get a delicious dinner using real ingredients on the table in less than 30 minutes! Even though I try to use my slow cooker several nights a week there are days when it just doesn’t happen. And sometimes we are just in the mood for something different! I like to keep a few quick and easy dinners on hand for those days because I sure feel better about things when I make dinner at home.
These turkey burgers are super simple to prepare and can even be assembled ahead of time. Throw them on the grill (indoor or out!) and it doesn’t take long at all. Serve it up with a little make ahead corn and tomato salad… and I can’t forget my favorite part of the whole meal! Onion rings! I mean can you even have burgers without onion rings?! Since it’s not likely I’m going to have time or energy to cut, hand dip and bake or fry them from scratch anytime soon my go to are these Alexia Onion Rings with Panko Breading and Sea Salt. One of my favorite treats and most likely way better than anything I could make! And on the table in no time.
Just arrange your onion rings on the cookie sheet and get them going in the oven. Toss the burgers on your preheated grill and while all that’s cooking you can whip up the three ingredient campfire sauce!
Serve it all up with the simple corn and tomato salad that you could easily make a day or two before and dinner is done! It’s that easy! With the help of Alexia Foods you can have a family favorite balanced dinner you can be proud to serve!
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey (I used 85% lean)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sliced or shredded pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheese
- Kaiser Rolls or other buns
- Sliced avocado
- Alexia Onion Rings with Panko Breading and Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels , thawed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix burger ingredients in mixing bowl until well combined
- Form into 4 equal sized patties
- Place on grill preheated to 450 degrees and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked though (depending on thickness)
- Whisk ingredients in small bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare according to package directions
- Place corn and tomatoes in bowl
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and add to bowl
- Toss to coat corn and tomatoes well
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to use, up to 2 days in advance
- Place each burger on a bun and top with cheese, sliced avocado, one or two onion rings and a drizzle of sauce
- Serve with a side of the corn salad and more onion rings with dipping sauce
*Nutrition facts will vary greatly depending on choice of toppings and type of buns. Please be sure to use an online tool to customize if you need this information.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration!
Alexia. Farm to Flavor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia . The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!