When you think about a typical week night dinner for many families, I think a safe bet would be that many of us think about pork chops! I mean, they are pretty simple and most people like them. They are also pretty easy and quick to make. The only downside is that sometimes they can get a little boring if we just make them the same way every time. So what if I told you that making stuffed pork chops wasn’t much more work and that with your slow cooker it would actually be really easy to get these on the table even on a weeknight? Think you might want to give these a try?
This recipe uses only 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper. So, yes, it’s possible to have a great dinner and not have to purchase a crazy amount of stuff or do a crazy amount of prep work. Simply dice up some apple and onion and combine with crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
They key to stuffing pork chops is to make sure you get some thick ones! Many people are nervous about using thick cut pork because of not being able to get them cooked through evenly, but since we are using the slow cooker it makes it so much easier. So, you will simply use a very sharp knife to cut a little pocket into the side of each chop. Make it as big as you can without cutting all the way through. If you use your fingers to really push the stuffing in you can fit quite a bit! Use a toothpick to secure them shut, just don’t forget to take them out before serving!
Season the outside with a little salt, pepper and dried thyme and sauté in a little butter until browned. Then let them slow cook for the day for a delicious dinner the whole family will love!
- 2½ to 3 pounds boneless thick cut center pork chops
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple (about 1 large apple or I used ½ granny smith and ½ honey crisp)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup diced sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut a pocket into the side of each chop without cutting all the way through
- Mix together chopped apple, onion and gorgonzola cheese
- Stuff each pork chop as full as you can get it with the stuffing mixture and secure it closed using a toothpick
- Season the outside of the chops with salt, thyme and pepper
- Heat butter in skillet or multi-cooker until melted and then sear the pork chops on each side for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned
- Transfer to slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 until pork is cooked through (165 degree internal temp)
- Remove toothpicks before serving