Because we really need another reason to eat homemade BBQ sauce! And pulled pork is a very good reason! I know we are past the holiday season and the big football game season and the rest of the reasons people usually think of making a little pulled pork. But when you make it in the slow cooker it's so super easy that having a delicious meal after a busy/stressful/crazy day is the best reason of all!
It doesn't get much easier than throwing this pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker right before you walk out the door in the morning. You could even add the seasonings the night before and have practically no work left to do.
When it's all done you will want to take a couple of minutes to caramelize some shallots to go on the top of your pork. Takes less than 5 minutes and adds the perfect amount of flavor and crunch.
Serve on some delicious sandwich buns, in a wrap, on some rice, in a salad. SO many options. One of my favorite types of meals because just by making the meat everyone in the family can practically have a custom meal to their liking. No more complaining about what's for dinner.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Caramelized Shallots
- 2 large shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Add pork shoulder to slow cooker
- Rub with seasonings
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours until pork is fully cooked through
- Use two forks to shred
- Peel and slice shallots
- Heat butter in skillet over medium high heat
- Add shallots and saute until they soften, about 5-7 minutes
- Add sugar and continue to saute, stirring occasionally, until browned and crispy, another 5 minutes or so
- Serve pork topped with shallots and Homemade Jalapeno Peach BBQ Sauce or as desired