So two weekends ago the weather was bitter cold, icy and snowy forcing us inside on the treadmill for a 7.5 mile long run. This weekend was a huge flip… so beautiful outside and although part of our 9 mile training run was tough it was just so good to be soaking up some sunshine. After brunch with my parents (you know, had to eat back all those calories I had burned!) we pretty well spent the rest of the day outside. We tried to just enjoy every last minute of warmth and no jackets that we could because this week we are back on a roller coaster of temperatures.
While I love having the break from the cold since it certainly helps improve my mood, I’m not loving the sniffly noses and scratchy throats. Just when we get adjusted everything goes and flips around on us.
The added benefit of this Cajun Corn Chowder is the bit of spice! Will totally clear up any stuffy noses. Make some of this super easy chowder for dinner and everyone will be feeling back to their best in no time!
Slow Cooker Cajun Corn and Shrimp ChowderPrint Pin Rate
- 16 oz bag frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 pound red baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (for later)
- 12 oz shrimp (small peeled deveined and tail-off (for later))
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dice potatoes into bite sized chunks
- Add potatoes and corn to slow cooker and toss to coat with flour
- Add cajun seasoning and broth
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
- Switch slow cooker to high
- Add cream and shrimp
- Cook for another 30-60 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and pink
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!