What is it about pork chops that can make a family goes nuts for dinner time? These juicy delicious chops are made with a creamy herb sauce right in the slow cooker for a meal that will have everyone scrambling to get to the table first!
I was lucky growing up in that my family all ate dinner together almost every night. I didn’t realize it at the time, but it really was a big deal. It’s something that many families struggle with now days, mine included. I always remember my favorite meals being my Mom’s pork chop recipes. It seems like my brother and I were always racing to see who could get seconds first and more than once I’m pretty sure it turned into a battle.
I’m sure it drove my mom crazy, but at the same time she had to love the fact that we loved her cooking so much! That left no doubt that as the mom doing the cooking now, I really wanted Slow Cooker Pork Chops that I could share with my family.
Using your slow cooker to make pork chops ensures they will turn out tender and juicy every time. Nobody wants dried out pork chops!
How to Make Pork Chops in the Slow Cooker:
- season the chops well and brown them up before slow cooking (if you use a multi-cooker like this one, it’s zero hassle!)
- cook them up with plenty of onions and garlic
- slow cook them with chicken broth all day so they don’t dry out
- and some cream and thickener to the pan drippings and make a delicious gravy
I served these pork chops with potatoes but the side dish option are endless! Here are some of the sides I recommend for this recipe.
- Crockpot Skinny Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Garlic Onion Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Gratin Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
Need a slow cooker to use for this recipe? Here is the one I bought and have been using all year and love! Perfect for browning up the pork chops without using an extra pan! I use the 4 quart for most of my meals. I even turned the sauté function back on in order to make the gravy at the end. Truly a one-pot meal!
How to Make Slow Cooker Pork Chops Video:
More tips for making juicy slow cooker pork chops:
- use bone in pork chops for best results
- be careful not to overcook pork when browning
- make sure all chops are covered with liquid while cooking
Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Creamy Herb Sauce
- 2 pounds bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion (diced (or about 1/4 cup))
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/8 or up to 1/4 teaspoon pepper, depending on taste
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle each side of pork chops with thyme, salt, pepper and mustard
- In large skillet over medium high heat melt butter with olive oil
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes
- Move onions and garlic to side of pan and add seasoned pork chops
- Saute for about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned
- Transfer contents of pan to slow cooker
- Add chicken broth
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Remove pork chops and cover to keep warm
- Add cream to slow cooker and whisk
- To thicken sauce pour into small saucepan and whisk in 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until thickened to desired consistency
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste
- Pour over pork chops and garnish with freeze dried herbs
- can also use fresh herbs if desired
- be sure not to overcook pork when browning
- be sure to use bone-in chops
- leftovers will keep up to 3 days in fridge
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!