If you love flautas, then you’ve got to try these Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Flautas! It’s like all your favorite appetizers combined into one delicious meal!
How about breaking out of the dinner-time rut? Do you tend to make the same things over and over again because it’s easy or because you can’t think of anything different to make? Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be that way. You can make something new, interesting and totally delicious and it doesn’t have to be complicated at all. These chicken flautas only have a few ingredients and come together so deliciously. And I think it’s worth mentioning, these do not even have to be fried!! Baked, crunchy and very tasty Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Chicken Flautas need to be on your menu this week!
How do you feel about jalapeño poppers? Given my aversion to anything too spicy and my past acid reflux issue, they were something I avoided until maybe a year ago. But, one taste, and I was hooked. Based on my favorite self created recipe, I’ve made up about a thousand other dishes that revolve around this beloved pepper!
You have total control over how much heat these have. If you remove all the ribs and seeds I can assure you they are not spicy at all. Even my 4 year old super picky princess ate these without batting an eyelash. If anything besides tater tot casserole gets her stamp of approval then you know it has to be good 😉
Using your slow cooker to make easy work of a new and interesting dinner is a great idea! Once you put your own spin on them, spicy or not, I’m going to bet they will be a new regular in your dinner rotation.
If you love jalapeños, check out some of my other recipes with a kick!
- Slow Cooker Peach Jalapeño Chicken Bowls
- Slow Cooker Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Slow Cooker Sweet Corn & Jalapeño Dip
- Slow Cooker Ancho Steak & Jalapeño Chili
Slow Cooker Chicken Jalapeño Popper Flautas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 jalapeño peppers (diced (ribs and seeds removed))
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons salsa verde (divided)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (all fruit, no sugar added)
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (taco sized)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons canola oil
- cilantro and sour cream for serving (optional)
- Add chicken, peppers and 1/2 cup salsa to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using forks (discard remaining cooking liquid)
- Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons salsa, apricot preserves, and cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Divide filling equally among the 6 tortillas (about 1/2 cup of filling each)
- Wrap tightly and then brush the outside of each tortilla with a small amount of oil
- Place seam side down on baking sheet and place in oven for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned and crispy
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!