People have such a bad impression of cooking chicken breasts in the slow cooker that I always feel like it’s my mission to create delicious juicy chicken recipes that are just as easy but way more tasty! This Slow Cooker Ginger Chicken is no exception! No browning needed, just a quick dice of the chicken breasts and a quick whisk of the sauce and you are on your way to a new family favorite meal!
My daughter has been asking to go out for Chinese food a lot lately, but my stomach (and waistline) can only handle so much. Using the slow cooker is such a great solution for your take-out woes. Just like my Crispy Orange Chicken or my Mongolian Beef, these homemade versions pack all the flavor without adding all the stuff you don’t want.
The trick to getting the nice thick sauce without adding the extra step of simmering on the stove is to add just the right amount of cornstarch. It will seem thin at first but will thicken by the time the chicken is done cooking.
Add some simple Jasmine rice and some fresh veggies and you’ve got a family meal fit for spring or summer eating! I simply used my to make some cucumber and carrot twists and my kids went nuts over them.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons seedless blackberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch ((mix with 2 tablespoons water to make paste))
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 english cucumber
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to slow cooker
- Whisk together soy sauce, honey, preserves, ginger, Sriracha, garlic powder and cornstarch slurry until smooth, pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Serve rice topped with chicken and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and fresh spiralized veggies or as desired
More delicious “take-out” recipes:
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!