Make sure you check out the dinner size version of the recipe here!!
I’ve had my eye on these little Crock-Pot Lunch Crock Food Warmers since I first spotted them several months ago. But since I tend to get a little overzealous in my purchase of kitchen gadgets I held back and decided to do some web surfing to see what kind of reviews they were getting and how people were using them. I found a lot of good reviews and people were generally saying they were a great tool for heating up leftovers or soup without having to use the office microwave. When I came across one on sale I finally caved since I had been considering the challenge of coming up with some new lunch ideas.
I love leftovers as much as the next gal and will totally use this for that purpose. But sometimes I just get a little tired of the same meal yet again. Back when I was a cube dweller I would have loved to be able to have a hot delicious lunch without heading to the deli to spend $8 or having to use the breakroom microwave. Even for days at home it’s been fun to throw a few different things in and see how they come out! We’ve had some yummy lunches lately and I would love to share them with you!
This creamy chicken spaghetti was sooooo good! I made a couple of batches to try it out and my son snarfed down a crock full in about 3 seconds flat upon walking in the door from school. It is so easy to bring these ingredients along in your lunch box and then assemble them in the crock about an hour before lunch time. And SO worth it! Creamy Chicken Spaghetti for lunch? Your coworkers will be very jealous! (by the way, you should probably make sure there isn’t a rule against plugging stuff in at your desk before you try this out).
Let me know what you think! Leave me a comment or send me an email and let me know if you want more recipes for the lunch crock. I also made a buffalo chicken mac and cheese that was awesome and I would love to share it with you all.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Spaghetti – Lunch Size!!!
- 2 oz spaghetti noodles broke into thirds
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken I used rotisserie, could use leftover also
- 1 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese I used a cheddar jack blend
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley totally optional, but it looks pretty!
- If you are taking this along in your lunch box then place all ingredients except spaghetti in a baggie or container to make it easy to assemble when ready to cook
- About one hour prior to lunch place all ingredients in lunch crock and give it a stir
- After one hour carefully remove lid from crock and stir until combined. If noodles are soft it is ready!