These slow cooker butternut squash enchiladas use a few tricks to make them super easy and quick to prepare! Let your slow cooker do the work so you can enjoy this delicious meat-free dinner!
I love recipes that can be assembled in just minutes, because in this stage of life, if it’s not quick, it’s not happening. While we do love our beef enchiladas and they are pretty quick and easy to make, sometimes you just want some veggies. These veggie enchiladas are hearty, filling and require no advance prep to assemble. I love that I can assemble these in less than 10 minutes in the morning and come home to a delicious dinner waiting for us. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Enchiladas will turn your meatless Monday into a day to look forward to!
How to make slow cooker enchiladas:
- You can use any larger slow cooker and layer, however, a casserole slow cooker works best
- No prep needed with this recipe, simply mix the ingredients together and fill tortillas and let cook all day
- You can serve this up with rice, chips and guac or Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Use flour OR corn tortillas, either works well for this recipe
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Enchiladas
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes (drained)
- 15 oz canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 12 oz frozen cubed butternut squash
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese (or use softened regular cream cheese)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 8 flour tortillas (medium sized) (or 4 large flour tortillas or 12 corn tortillas)
- 12 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Mix together tomatoes, beans, squash, cream cheese and spices in a bowl
- Spread 1/2 cup of enchiladas sauce on bottom of slow cooker
- Divide filling equally among tortillas and place seam side down in slow cooker (you can stack if necessary)
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!