A delicious dessert, no oven required! Naturally gluten-free + dairy free option! Simply add everything to the slow cooker for a simple yet amazing apple crumble that's perfect for everyone.
This is one recipe I think you'll make again and again. So simple to make yet so full of flavor.
A crumble is similar to a crisp, except it has more of a streusel topping.
We used a mix of apples we had on hand, and I've tested this recipe both with dairy and non-dairy ingredients with perfect results each time.
- apples - any kind you have or like will work. Some may be a little more watery than others, but this will simply result in more of that delicious sauce
- thickener (cornstarch or tapioca flour)
- condensed milk - the regular kind OR for dairy free used condensed coconut milk
- brown sugar, oats and almond meal are the base of the crumble
- add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract
- butter (I used a dairy free version)
How to make Apple Crisp/Crumble in the Slow Cooker:
- Peel and thinly slice the apples and toss with thickener
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top
- Use a fork to cut the butter together with the oats, brown sugar, almond flour, vanilla and spices
- Sprinkle over the top of the apples in the slow cooker
- Let cook for about 3 hours on high or 6 on low
Notes on this Recipe:
- this will not brown up and become super crispy on top when making in the slow cooker
- If it's a bit watery, turn off the slow cooker and let it cool for around 30-60 minutes before serving
- use mix of sweet and sour apples or sweet apples but don't use all sour apples
What to Serve with Apple Crumble:
Apple crumble goes well with a scoop of ice cream or a simple dollop of whipped cream. I love Reddi Whip Almond Milk Whipped Cream for a dairy-free option.
More Slow Cooker Dessert Ideas:
Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crumble
- 2 ½ pounds apples peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup cornstarch or tapioca flour
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup almond flour or all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 tablespoon butter
- Grease the liner of a 3 to 5 quart oval slow cooker
- Peel and slice apples thinly and add to slow cooker
- Toss apples with cornstarch or tapioca flour until evenly coated
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over them and mix with a spoon
- In a large mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and mix until crumbly with a fork
- Sprinkle over the top of the apple mixture
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4
- be sure to peel your apples so that your dessert doesn't end up chewy
- to make this dairy-free: use coconut sweetened condensed milk and vegan butter
- use any variety of apples you like, however don't use all tart apples for best results
- leftovers will keep stored in fridge for up to 3 days
- this recipe originally included a mix of half pears and half apples. In the update I've only included apples, but feel free to use a combo if you like!