I’ve been a bit under-the-weather this week with the sniffles and a cough. If you follow me on Instagram you saw the other day my new favorite form of medication….. Spicy Chicken Soup! Besides all of the medicinal qualities of the chicken broth which our grandmas have been using for years, the spiciness of this soup just takes it to a whole new level! After eating this for dinner and lunch the next day, I was feeling so much better!!
You don’t even have to be sick to love this soup. Everyone else in my family had a minimum of two bowls. We served it up for dinner with some simple crusty bread and it was such a perfect winter’s night meal.
It heats up perfectly in the microwave for a leftover lunch or would be awesome in one of these little take along Crock-Pot Lunch Crock Food Warmers. I’m pretty sure I’m going to make another batch this weekend to have for my lunches all week.
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can petite diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 cup frozen sweet white corn kernels
- 1 (4oz) can fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 1½ to 2 tablespoon homemade taco seasoning
- Fresh cilantro and avocado for garnish, optional
- Add all ingredients except for garnishes to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Use forks to shred chicken
- Serve topped with cilantro or avocado if desired
I made this in my 4.5 quart round slow cooker on high for 4 hours