I don’t know about you but I love this time of year. It’s fun to see the kids all excited about heading back to school and I love getting our family back into a routine again. On the other hand, with all the extra activities, it takes a little planning on my part to make sure we have dinner on the table. Thank goodness once again for my slow cooker! I love this recipe for Slow Cooker Butter Chicken because it’s easy to put together in the morning (or even the day before) and it turns out delicious every time. It’s a staple in our house not only because it’s easy, but because everybody loves it! I often make a double batch and the leftovers disappear for lunch the next day!
I was super excited when I had the chance to try out Success® Basmati Rice for you! I wanted to find a way to get dinner on the table quickly after we walked in the door and while basmati rice is typically the perfect pairing for Indian style dishes most varieties take quite some time to cook. I was anxious to try out the Success Basmati Rice not only because it only takes 10 minutes and is super easy since it’s boil-in-bag, but also because:
- Success® Rice does not contain additives or preservatives (totally my style)
Success® Rice bags are BPA-free (important to me!)
In our family we are all about rice and have it often with our meals, so to find one that was this quick to make that we all actually loved was such a huge win for me. Here’s the quick product scoop if you want to know more about it:
- Success® Basmati Rice is long, separate and slender and elongates 3-4 times in length when cooked. It has a distinctive fragrance, subtle nutty flavor and fluffy texture. It’s pre-portioned, BPA-free boil-in- bag means no measure, no mess is involved, and it delivers fully cooked rice in 10 minutes. It’s gluten-free and can be incorporated into Asian, Middle Eastern and traditional dishes.
But really, just know it has my families stamp of approval, and that’s no easy feat.
And, of course, we must chat about this butter chicken. Aren’t we all always looking for new recipes to use with boneless skinless chicken breasts? If you haven’t tried butter chicken, it’s a must. Even my picky 5 year old devours it. You can make it a tad spicy or keep it mild. It’s rich and creamy with coconut milk and a little cream added at the end for that something extra.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 14.5 oz can coconut milk
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- ½ cup heavy cream, for later
- 2 bags Success® Basmati Rice
- Add all ingredients except cream and rice into slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Stir in heavy cream and return cover to let it heat through while you make the rice
- Cook rice according to package directions
- Serve rice topped with chicken and with a side of naan if desired
Want more ideas for quick weeknight family meals? For hundreds of recipe ideas, special offers and more, join the Recipe Club® for Success® Rice.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.