If you need to feed a crowd I can’t think of many things easier and better than some kind of pulled meat sandwiches. Few and simple ingredients, easy prep, and not much work to finish off. If you are anything like me you have a lot more to worry about when people are going to be showing up at your door than being in the kitchen. Spend your time relaxing, running errands, or (gasp!) rushing around throwing things in closets and running the vacuum right before the doorbell rings so that everything thinks you have a somewhat clean house (wait, what? Just me?). 😉
I realize this isn’t much more than just dumping a bottle of BBQ sauce on some chicken and calling it good, except that mixing up the flavor combos and adding some extra seasonings can really make that much difference!
You could totally use your own homemade bbq sauce to keep it all real and made-from-scratch which I am totally for! Or, keep it simple and used the bottled stuff like I did this time. You know it’s going to taste great and it really helps out in a time crunch! No shame!!
The flavor options here border on endless. You could change up the seasoning type, the sauce or both. Go crazy! Just be sure to let me know what kinds of flavor combos you come up with! And don’t forget to mix up those topping too. I highly recommend my traditional guac recipe on this one.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle and Roasted Garlic Grill Seasoning (by McCormick)
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup sweet and spicy BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Coat chicken well with grill seasoning
- Place in slow cooker and top with tomato sauce
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is cooked through and fall apart tender
- Remove chicken from slow cooker to mixing bowl and shred with forks
- Toss with BBQ sauce and up to ½ cup of the cooking liquid that remains in the crock
- Discard remaining liquid and return chicken to slow cooker to keep warm until ready to serve
I highly recommend topping this off with my basic guacamole recipe!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!