I’ve always loved seafood, but ever since coming home from our gulf coast beach vacation I can’t stop wishing we could just stop by the market and pick up the fresh catches of the day. But, since we are in Kansas and the ocean is nowhere in sight, I finally settled for the frozen seafood at the grocery store and managed to create a stew that’s totally summer worthy! It may not transport me back to the beach but at least it’s a healthy and delicious way to end a busy summer day at home!
The guys actually surprised me with this one. I was a little nervous that although they usually are great sports and eat everything I make that they would not be super excited about this one. But… they both refilled their bowls!! And my girl who won’t touch any foods that are red? Well, I just scooped out seafood and potatoes and didn’t give her any broth and she literally gobbled it down.
You could use a lot of different seafood options here but I went with extra large shrimp, scallops and some crab legs. You will want around 2 pounds or so total. I was hoping for some Mahi Mahi but couldn’t find any the day I was at the store. Any hearty white fish would work well. It’s just such an easy and flexible meal I think we may just be having this favorite often this summer!
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound dutch baby potatoes or other white/yellow baby potatoes ((cut into bite sized pieces))
- 1/2 medium onion (diced (about 1/2 cup))
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds seafood ((I used scallops, extra large shrimp and crab legs))
- Add all ingredients except seafood to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until potatoes cooked through
- Add thawed seafood to slow cooker and return to high heat
- Cook for 30-60 minutes until seafood is fully cooked through
- Serve with warm crusty bread or as desired
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!