Maybe it’s my patriotic nature or maybe it’s just that I love summer and all the food that comes along with it. The 4th of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays. Many years we have hosted parties and I start planning menus weeks in advance! And of course true to my nature, I always over do it and I end up spending like two day doing all the cooking and then we end up with tons of leftovers (that part is kind of on purpose…I love the leftovers for days!). This year we’ve had lots going on and so instead I will be helping my mom do the cooking at her house. If you are in charge of either doing the cooking this year or bringing along something to share, this Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob is a super simple choice that truly captures the spirit of summer cooking!
Is there anything better than that sweet crispy corn from the farm stand (or even the grocery store)? Besides cooking it up and biting into it while the melty butter dribbles down your chin! Childhood memories right there!
The slow cooker makes such easy work of corn on the cob. No worries about boiling water, making room on the grill or getting the timing just right. Just pop these in and set the slow cooker. Once they’re done you can leave them on warm until it’s time to eat!
And corn with your favorite fresh herbs? Just can’t go wrong. This is your new perfect summer side for a holiday or any dinner! Too easy. What’s on your menu this summer?
- 6 ears sweet corn ((cleaned and shucked))
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill ((fresh or freeze dried))
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cut enough aluminum foil pieces for each piece of corn making sure they are large enough to wrap around and close on the ends
- Wash corn and leave wet as this will help seasoning stick
- Place each ear of corn on a piece of foil
- Sprinkle each piece generously with salt and dill
- Divide butter equally and place a piece on each ear of corn
- Wrap the corn up tightly making sure ends are closed up so that butter will stay in as it melts
- Place the ears seam side up in your slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 or until tender
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!