Today’s post and giveaway is sponsored by Hidden Valley. As always all opinions are my own.
It’s no secret that I love quick fix dinners that have minimal fuss but maximum flavor. Inspired by one of my favorite restaurant appetizers these Southwest Chicken Quesadillas don’t disappoint! Shred up some leftover chicken or grab a rotisserie and sauté a few veggies, toss in a bit of seasoning and your filling is ready to go! Melt it all up in your favorite tortillas with a little (or in my case, a lot!) of cheese and dinner is done. Once you drizzle it it load of avocado ranch that is! Because quesadillas NEED ranch!
I got a sampling of the new Hidden Valley dressing flavors to try and so far I’m totally hooked on the avocado! You guys need to try it! Between me and my daughter we practically go through the regular stuff by the gallon at our house but the new flavors are gonna be keeping us busy for a while! Not to mention the new dip and dressing mixes that go with greek yogurt. Maybe now she will finally eat her veggies!
EDITED: GIVEAWAY CLOSED
And guess what? I have the opportunity to offer 5 of you all one of these prize packages too! Trust me, you totally want it! It includes: 2 bottles of dressing 1 pack of dip mix 1 pack of dressing mix a cutting board and veggie peeler set AND a $75 Target gift card!
How cool is that?
Make sure you whip of some of these quesadillas and get to dipping! One of my favorite easy dinners! Perfect for busy/hot summer days when you don’t want a lot of hassle but a plain old sandwich just won’t do!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red or orange bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken ((or leftover cooked chicken))
- 1/2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon southeast seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 4 tablespoons water
- 8 fajita sized flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hidden Valley Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat
- Add peppers and corn and cook until slightly softened, about 4-6 minutes
- Add chicken and black beans to skillet with veggies
- Stir in seasoning, cilantro and just enough water to combine
- Let simmer until heated through
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- Assemble by placing a layer of cheese on one tortilla
- Top the cheese with 1/4 of the filling mix and more cheese
- Finish off with an additional tortilla
- Melt butter in clean skillet
- Carefully add quesadilla and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned and cheese start to melt
- Flip and finish on the other side
- Repeat with remaining tortillas
- Drizzle with ranch dressing or serve on the side as a dipping sauce
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!