We all need a super easy weeknight dinner and if you like spicy Mexican style dishes then I have a new one for you! Slow Cooker Spicy Taco Casserole is quick and easy to throw together in the morning and and since it has your beans and veggies it can be your whole meal! You mix all the ingredients in bowl, place in the crock, and a few hours later dinner is done.
You can make this as spicy or as mild as you want by adjusting the amount and type of peppers and by what kind of enchilada sauce you use. Ours was really spicy since the boys in my house love eating food so spicy that they have to use a napkin to wipe their foreheads 😉 Well….I thought it was spicy. They said…not so much. Use your own judgement here.
I know this was a hit at my house. Not only did everyone take seconds at dinner but the leftovers are all gone too….without any reminders from me to eat them up. That’s always a good sign! And this does make for great leftovers. It heats up nicely for lunch the next day.
Let everybody dish out a big ‘ole scoop of this and top with sour cream or guacamole (or both!!). If you are planning to cook this all day then make sure you have a crock that will switch to warm. This will possibly brown and crisp up more on the sides that you would like if you leave it on too long (vs. a soup that wouldn’t burn).
- 6oz (about half a bag) tortilla chips, gently crushed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- ½ - 1 4oz can diced jalapenos
- 1 4oz can diced green chilis
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 oz can enchilada sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
- Spray crock with nonstick spray
- Mix all ingredients in a separate bowl, holding back 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Place mixture in crock and top with remaining shredded cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours
For even more casserole recipes for your slow cooker, make sure you check out this post with 15 delicious meals!
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!