There’s no better cure for this endless winter time than Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Soup! A classic with a kick, this simple to make dinner will become your new favorite go-to!
It seems everyone has been a bit under-the-weather a lot lately with the sniffles and coughs. My new favorite defense and/or form of medication….. Spicy Chicken Soup! Besides all of the medicinal qualities of the chicken broth which our grandmas have been using for years, the spiciness of this soup just takes it to a whole new level! After eating this for lunch or dinner, you will be feeling so much better!
How do I make the best chicken soup?
With simple ingredients and just the right amount of spice!
You don’t even have to be sick to love this soup. Everyone else in my family had a minimum of two bowls when I made it. We served it up for dinner with some simple crusty bread and it was such a perfect winter’s night meal.
It heats up perfectly in the microwave for a leftover lunch or would be awesome in one of these little take along Crock-Pot Lunch Crock Food Warmers. I’m pretty sure I’m going to make another batch this weekend to have for my lunches all week.
What do you put in homemade chicken soup?
Check out the list of ingredients because this is really super healthy!
- fresh cilantro
Super easy and way tastier than anything you can get from a can. My new go-to soup for sick days and everyday!
Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken Soup
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
- 1 cup frozen sweet white corn kernels
- 4 ounces canned fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- Fresh cilantro and avocado for garnish (optional)
- Add all ingredients except for garnishes to slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Use forks to shred chicken
- Serve topped with cilantro or avocado if desired
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!