Is it against the rules to post a recipe like this in January? It feels a little rich and indulgent, but I don’t think it will completely derail you or anything. Everyone’s gotta have a little splurge now and again and while short ribs can be kinda pricey they do certainly make a tasty meal! Short ribs are perfect for the slow cooker because they can cook low and slow all day and become fall apart tender. Plus these have a quick pan sauce that you can make from the drippings that’s so easy it only takes about 5 minutes yet it tastes totally gourmet.
You’ll start off by seasoning up some beautiful ribs! If you’ve never had them before you can go to the meat counter at the supermarket and they should be able to help you pick some out! You definitely need beef short ribs for this recipes even though I think there is a pork version too.
After you season them it’s time to brown them up. Either get your skillet nice and hot or set your multi-cooker for 400 degrees. Add the ribs and let them brown up just a bit on each side and then deglaze the pan with some broth. Switch everything to the slow cooker and set it on low for 8 hours and let them cook up until they are tender.
Strain off the dripping and whisk up the sauce! A gourmet style dinner is done, and it really is that simple. A nice Valentine’s Day dinner, perhaps?!
- 2½ pounds beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup beef broth
- Drippings from slow cooker, strained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season ribs with sage, garlic, salt and pepper
- Preheat skillet or multicooker to around 400 degrees
- Melt butter and add ribs
- Saute for about 2 minutes per side until lightly browned
- Deglaze pan with beef broth
- Transfer to slow cooker for 8 hours on low
- Strain off any dripping left in slow cooker into a saucepan after short ribs are done
- Bring to a simmer on stove over medium high heat
- Stir in cream and gorgonzola cheese until melted
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!