After a marathon of cooking all last week and a half-marathon of eating leftovers all weekend I am finally ready to move on from mashed potatoes and Thanksgiving. It was so awesome having our family here at our home to celebrate (and eat!) with us and all the food was really amazing. The last bit of turkey is headed to the freezer so plan on some turkey dishes coming before Christmas! In the meantime I’m thinking about some lighter, healthier eating but it can’t compromise on flavor. These buffalo chicken tenders do the trick! Super simple to make and super versatile, this is just the kind of food I’m craving right now.
Sometimes I like making a smaller batch of these just for me so that I can have them for lunch all week. They work really well with a side of cottage cheese or chopped up on top of a salad and drizzled with a little blue cheese dressing.
For dinner these are great with a side of crispy sweet potato fries. You could even chop up the chicken and serve it with toothpicks and a side of dip as a great appetizer at a potluck or holiday gathering.
The ingredients are simple and you can dress it up any way you like. I used my homemade ranch seasoning but in a pinch just sub it out for a package of dried Hidden Valley Ranch or something similar. Time to max out the flavor!!!
- 1½ to 2 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon homemade ranch seasoning
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (plus additional for dipping)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Blue cheese crumbles for garnish, optional
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Whisk sauce, broth and seasonings and pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 or until chicken is fully cooked through
- Serve garnished with additional buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese crumbles if desired
Note: I cooked this on high in my 3.5 quart slow cooker for 3 hours
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!