Nothing goes together quite like spicy and sweet! You can do up these skewers right in your slow cooker and let all those juicy flavors cook away all day for a simple and totally different dinner combo. I love being able to just let these cook with no worries of a grill fire or burnt food. Plus the longer they simmer the more they develop the flavors and let them soak right in to every bite of chicken and pineapple. And you won’t believe how easy and quick it is to throw these together.
Start out by finding some skewers that will fit your crock. I had a package of wooden skewers and my handy hubby cut them down to size. Soak them for 15-20 minutes so that they won’t burn so quickly and then you can just slide your chicken and pineapple right on there.
Whisk up your sauce and then pour most of it over the kabobs that you’ve nestled in your slow cooker, reserving a couple of tablespoons to brush on at the end.
When they got done cooking I decided to brown them under the broiler for a couple minutes but this is a totally optional step. If you decide to do it just make sure you keep a very close eye on them so they don’t burn. I lined my cookie sheet with foil to avoid any additional clean up. Told you these would be easy!
Slow Cooker Peach Habenero Glazed Pineapple Chicken SkewersPrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 12 oz jar peach preserves
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 habenero pepper (minced finely)
- Cut chicken into large bite sized pieces
- Let pineapple sit out until slightly thawed, just enough to that you can skewer it
- Place the chicken and the pineapple on the skewers
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and reserve 2 tablespoons
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken and pineapple
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours
- Optional: Place skewers on a foil lined baking sheet and brush with remaining sauce
- Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes until lightly browned (make sure to watch closely so they don't burn)
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!