Slow Cooker Peach Balsamic Chicken Bowls are a simple and fresh summer meal perfect for weeknight family dinners!
Fresh ripe fruits and veggies, farmers markets and warm summer days! Why in the world would you use your slow cooker? Because slow cooking during the summer helps you get the best of both worlds!! You can use it for meals that aren’t just soup and these Slow Cooker Peach Balsamic Chicken Bowls are the perfect example! Use your slow cooker to make an amazingly flavorful and juicy chicken that pairs well with all the fresh summer produce for a super easy, super fresh meal any night of the week!
I chose peach for my main flavor here because we are right in the peak of fresh peach season. If you love to be creative in the kitchen, you could basically just customize this for whatever fresh fruit you want to feature! Or a combo of fruits if you want to get really crazy 😉
And one of my favorite combos to go with peach? Blueberry! Plenty of fresh blueberries in the bowl!
And not to be left out? Some of that awesome summer sweet corn. Fresh and crisp it gives just the right amount of crunch to these bowls.
Layer it all on top of your favorite grain. My choice is nearly always farro these days, but quinoa or brown rice or even barley would be wonderful choices. Add some hummus, fresh herbs and maybe a few of those little grape tomatoes you always have on hand and you’ve got the summer meal bowl to beat all bowls!
Slow Cooker Peach Balsamic Chicken Bowls
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
Optional Bowl Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked grains like farro, quinoa or brown rice
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 ears cooked corn on the cob, sliced off cob
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- fresh slivered basil
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
- Add chicken to slow cooker
- Mix together preserves, vinegar, honey, and garlic and pour over chicken
- Cover and cook on high for about 3 hours or low for about 6 hours
- Serve chicken with desired bowl ingredients
Love easy meal bowls like this? Be sure to check out some of my other favorites!
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!