This delicious Slow Cooker Irish Stew is easy to make and is hearty and packed with goodness!
I may not be Irish, but that doesn’t mean I can’t love the stew! I’m all for hearty winter meals and we just can’t ever get enough of soups, stews and chilis at our house. And I can’t say specifically what it is about this stew that makes me love it so much but it’s truly one of my favorites. In fact, I’ll stick the leftovers in the back of the fridge hoping no one else remembers they are there so that I can eat them all myself!
I think one thing that sets this apart is using pork shoulder instead of beef like traditional stew. It gives so much additional flavor to the broth and comes out so amazingly tender after slow cooking all day.
And of course, adding a little of your favorite stout the stew doesn’t hurt at all. It gives that extra richness and flavor to the broth.
The perfect no fuss, no hassle slow cooker meal. Hearty enough for any appetite, yet simple enough for every cook!
I love to keep things simple by using a seasoning blend instead of adding a bunch of different spices. If you don’t already have some of this pub burger seasoning then I can’t recommend highly enough that you keep some on hand.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 pound white baby potatoes (like dutch or yukon gold)
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1/2 yellow or white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 oz stout beer
- Cut pork and potatoes into bite sized pieces and add to slow cooker along with baby carrots
- Peel and dice onion and garlic and add to slow cooker
- Add seasonings and beef broth
- Whisk flour with and equal amount of water until smooth and add to slow cooker
- Stir to combine well
- Add beer
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours
Aren’t slow cooker stews just the best? How about these options?
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!