If there is one recipe that I must insist you make soon it is this one. Because Honey Mustard Pulled Pork? In a slow cooker? On a sandwich roll? I want to eat 20 of them in a row! This is my new favorite flavor for pork that I will be obsessed with for the foreseeable future. And I know it’s not just me because my son actually took down 4 full sized sandwiches before I finally had to put a stop to him. You know, because I really wanted to make sure we had at least enough leftovers for my lunch!
I used a three pound bone-in pork shoulder roast and the flavor of the roast itself can’t be beat. Once it cooks all day it’s so easy just to pull it out and shred the pork and the bone just falls out. Lots of juices from the meat will combine with the sauce that we will make and pour over it for the most perfect flavor ever. The sauce is super simple to prepare. Whisk together some mayo, mustard, honey, lemon juice, bbq sauce and that’s pretty much it. You could even use a prepared honey mustard sauce if that’s what you have on hand.
I finished this off with a quick trip under the broiler in my oven for about 6 minutes to give it the crispy edges. Not mandatory but if you have a few minutes I suggest it. I lined my cookie sheet with foil so that there was really no additional clean up.
- 3 pound pork shoulder roast (mine was bone-in but boneless will be fine too)
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon or grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper
- In small bowl whisk mayo, mustard, honey, BBQ sauce and lemon juice until smooth
- Pour over roast
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours until fully cooked through and fork tender
- Using two forks shred meat right in the crock (be sure to remove all bone, if any)
- Cover and keep on warm until ready to serve OR
- Place on foil lined cookie sheet and place under the broiler for 5-8 minutes until ends are crispy (watch closely so it doesn't burn)
- Serve on buns with BBQ sauce or as desired
Free Guide to Slow Cooking!
Sign up for our newsletters and get an instant download of our Welcome and Getting Started Guide to Slow Cooking!