If you love meals that are super easy, totally tasty and use only a few simple ingredients then you are in luck! These slow cooker enchiladas come together in minutes for a delicious dinner the whole family will enjoy!
You may think ground beef enchiladas are boring, but this recipe helps take them up a notch or ten from okay to amazing. It’s easy enough to brown up some ground beef, but adding just two ingredients to that will make these enchiladas so flavorful and delicious. Freshly diced jalapeños give a little kick and cream cheese give it just the right amount of reach creamy flavor to make these your new favorite for a weeknight dinner. Even delicious enough to serve up when company comes, slow cooker enchiladas will become your new favorite go-to.
Do you use corn or flour tortillas for slow cooker enchiladas?
- you can use either! I chose to use Ole Extreme Wellness flour tortillas, because they are my favorite and hold up very well to the slow cooker
- corn tortillas are also a great choice, although you will probably need a few more to use up all the filling
- try this recipe both ways and decide what you like best!
Can you really make enchiladas in a slow cooker?
- Yes!! Using your slow cooker is a great way to get dinner started early before your busy day takes over
- You can prepare the filling ahead of time and quickly assemble these in the morning
- You can use a regular slow cooker and just layer everything, or use a casserole slow cooker to make traditional enchiladas
A few notes about these Slow Cooker Enchiladas:
- make sure your tortillas are room temperature or a little warmer before rolling so they won’t break apart
- to save time, you can layer it like a casserole (tortillas on top and bottom) instead of rolling and still have all the delicious flavor!
- invest in a casserole slow cooker for dishes like this! It is truly amazing for casseroles and baked style dishes without turning on the oven
Slow Cooker Enchiladas
- 2 pounds ground beef (93% lean)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and diced)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 8 taco sized flour tortillas (or 4 large burrito sized)
- 3 cups enchilada sauce
- 8 oz shredded cheese blend
- Add ground beef and diced jalapeño to skillet and cook while breaking apart with spatula until beef is cooked through and jalapeño is tender
- Stir in cream cheese until smooth, stir in about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and remove from heat
- Add 1 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of casserole slow cooker
- Divide filling among tortillas and add to slow cooker seam side down
- Top with remaining sauce and shredded cheese
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours until heated through and cheese melted
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!