Ever wonder how to make that amazing Mongolian sauce like they do at your favorite restaurant? It’s super easy to do and so perfect for a quick family meal like this Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken! If you prefer beef, try out my Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef instead!Whether it’s the middle of the school year or deep into the dog days of summer, having a meal that’s quick, simple and won’t make you sweat in the kitchen is a must! Bonus points when it’s a meal that both the kids and adults will gobble down and ask for again. And while most of us love going out for a delicious Chinese food dinner, it’s not always cost effective or the healthiest option. But making dishes like this Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken at home will help you save money and control the ingredients for a meal you feel good about serving to your family.
So many people are getting on board with the idea of using their Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker for a quick and easy dinner. And honestly, a meal like this takes less time and turns out healthier than what you would get by calling in and driving to pick up take-out.
How long does it take to cook chicken in the Instant Pot?
- the general rule for boneless skinless chicken breasts is 6 minutes for fresh and 10 minutes for frozen
- HOWEVER, for this recipe I wanted the chicken to shred easily, which means it needed to be cooked to an even higher internal temperature, so I cooked my fresh chicken on high pressure for 10 minutes
- You could likely use frozen in the recipe making this the perfect meal in a pinch, and I’d suggest adding another 5 minutes
How much liquid do you need in an Instant Pot?
- 1 cup is the minimum and that works here because the chicken will also release it’s own juices
- don’t add any thickeners until after releasing the pressure because it will impact the liquid ratios and may cause your pot to malfunction
Need an Instant Pot? Here’s the one I have perfect for feeding 4-6 people.
Need ideas for serving? How about some steamed rice and carrots?
Ever wonder how to make that amazing Mongolian sauce like they do at your favorite restaurant? It's super easy to do and so perfect for a quick family meal like this Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup green onions
10 minutes high pressure
Add chicken to Instant Pot
Whisk together soy sauce, broth, sugar, garlic, ginger and Sriracha and pour over chicken
Close and seal pot and set to high pressure for 10 minutes
Perform quick release according to manufacturer instructions
Remove and shred chicken
Whisk cornstarch with an equal amount of water and stir into juices in pot until thickened
Return chicken and stir to combine
Serve atop rice or as desired topped with sliced green onion