Want a quick weeknight recipe that you can cook up in minutes with a made from scratch sauce that is to die for? This Cajun Shrimp Pasta will quickly become your new favorite when you are craving something creamy and spicy! I must apologize, I’ve been holding back on this recipe for way to long. I actually made and photographed it for you guys back in November. It’s actually a meal I make a lot, kind of my go to when I don’t have anything else planned. But I always vary it up just a bit and can never remember just exactly what I add to it. But I had finally taken the time to document the exact ingredients to get just right to share with you and what do I do? I lost track of where I wrote it down! I shed a few tears and promised myself to start over again but I guess I just never had the heart. Then the other day when grabbing a notebook to write some other stuff down, what did I find?!? This recipe scribbled on the page I happened to turn to!
How do I make cajun shrimp pasta?
It’s actually pretty simple to make and you really are not going to mess it up by changing a little of this or a little of that.
Sometimes I add chicken, sometimes veggies. We eat it plain with basil we eat it spicy like this. Just an easy go to with ingredients on hand and something the kids always gobble up.
I love having a go-to meal that can be ready in about 30 minutes that I know everyone will not just eat but practically inhale! Will you make it? How will you customize it for your family? And if you are a fan of spicy pasta, you should also try my reader favorite recipe.. buffalo chicken pasta!
How do you make homemade alfredo (or really just a cream) sauce?
- a few simple ingredients and a thickener is all you need
- chicken broth is used for flavor and thickened with cornstarch
- cream is added to make it reach and delicious
- you could always add a handful of fresh parmesan if desired
- toss it all up in your favorite skillet
Want a quick weeknight recipe that you can cook up in minutes with a made from scratch sauce that is to die for? This Cajun Shrimp Pasta will quickly become your new favorite when you are craving something creamy and spicy!
- 16 oz shrimp peeled and deveined with tail off (if frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning blend
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water (whisked until smooth)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 12 oz dried linguine pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- Fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat
- Add onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes
- Add garlic and shrimp and sauté until shrimp is fully cooked and onions are garlic start to caramelize (about 6-8 minutes)
- Add cajun seasoning blend (start with 1 teaspoon and add more if more spice is desired)
- Stir to coat well
- Slowly stir in broth and bring to a simmer
- Add cornstarch slurry and let continue to simmer and thicken until broth is reduced by about half (about 5-8 minutes)
- Stir in cream and let come back to simmer to heat through and thicken
- Let continue to simmer for about 3-4 minutes
- Add pasta and toss to coat
- Remove from heat and garnish with parsley if desired