I hope you are still here!! If so that means you read past the title that indicates you should make cupcakes in your slow cooker. You may still think I’m crazy, but stay with me here. Because these are seriously the BEST CUPCAKES I’ve ever had. No kidding. You too need to make cupcakes in the crockpot!
I’m not saying that if you have cupcakes due tomorrow for your 3rd graders class party that you should have 17 crockpots going to get these cupcakes made. That would be crazy. But if you are hanging around at home and get a little craving but you don’t want to sit around waiting on the oven or you just want to try something fun and different then you should for sure make these cupcakes.
This will make 6 cupcakes which is the perfect amount! You can have a fun little snack but not be tempted to sneak back in and eat the other 7 cupcakes that are leftover from a big batch!
I used the separate silicone baking cups and then I put a cupcake wrapper inside of each one. You place them in your crockpot and then carefully pour a little water in the bottom making sure none gets inside the wrappers. You will also need to prop the lid open just a smidge to let the steam escape. I used the handle of a wooden spoon. They are done when the cupcakes are all set and you can insert a toothpick that comes out clean. Mine took 5 1/2 hours on high.
I found an amazing frosting recipe here at Kitchen Treaty! Its for Fluffy Nutella Buttercream Frosting and it couldn’t be more perfect for these cupcakes. I just halved the recipe since I was only making 6 cupcakes. It left me a little extra so I ate it straight from the bowl. MMmmmm 😉
Slow Cooker Dreamy Hazelnut CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup strong brewed hazelnut coffee (cooled)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients
- Slowly stir wet ingredients into dry until combined
- Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly dispersed
- Place silicone holders with liners in crock and add about 1 - 1/2 cups water (don't let it come over the top of liners)
- Pour the batter into each liner until about 3/4 full
- Cover, prop lid open and cook on high - anywhere from 4 - 6 hours (check them after 3)
- Remove from crock and let cool completely
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!