Sometimes you just want a delicious meal at home without all the fuss. These Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy satisfy that craving for home cooked meal without all the work!
If your family loves old fashioned meals but you don't love all the time and work involved then it's time to try something new! Did you know that you can make a complete meal in your electric pressure cooker? It basically helps you create a hands-off meal that will cook while you get a few other things done! The bonus is that even the searing can be done in the same pot, so the amount of cleanup work is minimal! Even the gravy is made in the pot! Not to mention that because these pork chops are made in the pressure cooker they come out totally fall apart tender.
Steps to make these Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy:
- sear pork chops with olive oil and butter
- remove pork chops and add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and seasoning
- add pork chops back in with broth
- top with steamer basket and veggies
- remove food and make gravy in pot
After making this it became clear that there's probably a world of options for making and entire meal in the pressure cooker using this method. This is a complete meal in itself, or you could add a tossed green salad for extra veggies. This meatloaf is also made all in one pot, but uses the slow cooker instead, which is also awesome for minimal cleanup.
The key to doing everything in one pot without having to do it in multiple steps is to watch your veggie sizes so that they will cook in about the same amount of time as your meat. For this meal I used the really small baby potatoes which came out perfectly cooked.
Equipment needed to make Instant Pot Pork Chops:
- Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker (I used a 6 quart for this recipe)
- Steamer basket safe for the pressure cooker
- Tongs to safely turn the meat without releasing the juices or burning yourself
I'd love it if you'd snap a photo when you make this recipe and share it with me on Instagram! Be sure to tag me @slowcookergourmet and #slowcookergourmet and I will feature your photo in my Stories!!
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced shallot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all purpose garlic and herb seasoning
- 8 oz baby carrots
- 1 ½ pounds baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ¼ cup cornstarch (whisk with ¼ cup water to make slurry)
- Season pork chops with a bit of salt and pepper
- Heat pressure cooker on sauté and add butter and olive oil
- Add pork chops and brown for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Remove and set aside pork chops, add mushrooms, shallot and garlic to pot
- Saute for 1-2 minutes and return pork chops to pot
- Add broth and herb and garlic seasoning and then put steamer basket on top
- Add potatoes and carrots to steamer basket
- Seal lid and set for 8 minutes at high pressure
- Allow a natural pressure release and carefully remove veggies and pork chops
- Turn pot back onto saute
- Whisk in ketchup and cornstarch slurry and let simmer until thickened