You guys might tell me I’ve been living under a rock, and honestly that might not be far from the truth. But did you know that on Friday nights there is like a marathon of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on the Food Network? Uh-huh. Can you picture it? I go to turn on the TV and my three year old diva starts clapping and chanting “Yay, Princess Sofia!!” and I’m like no way sister!! We are watching mommy’s show tonight. And somehow at some point during the evening the whole family ends up curled up in front of the TV drooling over all the amazing (and sometimes weird!) food and trying to figure out if it would be at all possible to plan a trip to whatever location Guy Fieri is featuring. Yep. We know how to party.
Now I’m going to share with you something that you should have while you are watching your marathon TV session…. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili. Yum! A great meal to come home to on a Friday night after a busy week. Easy to make! Easy to love this spicy, creamy goodness!
Heartier than a soup but different than a traditional chili this would be fun to serve up at a party, to take along to a tailgate, or to take to a potluck. Ground chicken instead of beef and white beans instead of chili beans make the base of this chili.
Lots of flavor from chicken broth, ranch dressing mix and fire-roasted tomatoes and some heat from the buffalo sauce are balanced out with some sweet corn and cream cheese. Top it all of with some cilantro for some super fresh flavor. And I can’t forget the blue cheese crumbles on the top! I leave them out of the soup since not everyone is a fan but I can guarantee you I have my bowl topped of with some!
So park yourself on the couch with a big ‘ol bowl and watch endless episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives until you are convinced you should open your own funky restaurant so you can be featured on the show too. Or wait…is that just me? Yeah, I’m weird like that 🙂
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ¼ - ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (start with ¼ cup and add more at end if needed)
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon dried cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Brown ground chicken until fully cooked, place in crock (or brown ahead of time and store in fridge until ready to assemble)
- Add remaining ingredients except for cream cheese and blue cheese and give it all a stir to combine
- Add block of cream cheese on the top and cover
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8
- Stir to incorporate cream cheese and add additional wing sauce as desired
- Top individual bowls with blue cheese crumbles if desired
Need a slow cooker to use for this recipe? Here is the one I bought and have been using all year and love! Perfect for chili or meat or most any recipe and comes in several sizes. I use the 4 quart for most of my meals.
Slow Cooker Gourmet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. If you purchase a product through this link I will earn a small commission. As always, I only recommend products I use and love!