Need a quick and simple dinner tonight? Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup is a complete meal in a bowl that's not only delicious but so easy to prepare.
I love meals that are hearty, filling, and can all be served up in one bowl. Especially when they are as easy to make as this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup. From beef, to veggies to pasta, you can't go wrong with this complete meal. Especially when you can use fun pasta shapes so that the kids will love it too. While a more traditional beef soup uses chuck roast or similar, I'm using ground beef to turn it into a meal you can make any day out of items we all usually have on hand.
How do you make vegetable beef soup in a slow cooker?
- You'll need to brown the ground beef first - you can do so ahead of time and store in the freezer or just make it when ready to make the soup. Use a skillet, or to keep it all to one pot, you can use a multi-cooker.
- Use frozen veggies to save time on chopping
- Use a seasoning blend to keep the ingredient list simple
- Add pasta at the end so it doesn't get soggy. It will take 30-45 minutes to cooking depending on shape you use.
What seasoning goes best with vegetable beef soup?
Any seasonings that go well with beef would go well here. You could even use steak seasoning to mix things up if you wanted to. But more traditionally, you would want to go with more of an herb based seasoning blend. Italian seasoning would work well, but my favorite is herb and garlic seasoning.
Making soup in the slow cooker is one of my favorite meals year round. It's so easy and always so tasty! Get all of my soup recipes here!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon herb and garlic seasoning (or Italian seasoning)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 oz shell pasta uncooked
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked and add to slow cooker
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4
- Stir in pasta and cook an additional 30-45 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally