I’ll be the first to admit that there are just some days where the idea of picking up some take-out is so much more appealing than the idea of cooking something (or cleaning up the mess). But then again, I usually feel way better about serving meals to my family that we’ve cooked at home. I know I’m not the only one that struggles with this. That’s why I try to come up with easy ways to get good meals on the table that aren’t a lot of work to prepare. And when those meals happen to be an even tastier version of one of the best take-out meals on the planet (at least in my opinion!)? I think that means we all win!
You’ll be hard pressed to find a kid so picky they won’t gobble down some crispy orange sesame chicken, especially when it comes with a side of homestyle egg noodles that are tossed with plenty of of that delicious sweet sauce! I finally found a meal my picky little 4 year old was excited to eat. That’s no small feat considering she has a revolving list of about 2 meals she would prefer.
You might be thinking there’s no way this is an easy meal, but it’s actually so simple to pull together! Some chicken tossed with a little cornstarch and then browned up for a few minutes creates a perfect crispy crust that stands up to slow cooking (seriously!).
Quickly whisk together a sauce out of simple ingredients. Let it all simmer together in the slow cooker all day and then comes the best part! Stir in a package of Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles and it truly becomes a one-pot meal! I was super excited to create another recipe with Reames after how well my Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup turned out. I love things that help me create a homemade meal for my family while keeping it simple.
Certainly I didn’t forget mention? Another chance to win a $50 American Express Gift Card! That’s right, if you didn’t get one last week then scroll back down here and enter every way you can!! I mean, who wouldn’t want an extra $50?!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Sweet Orange Marmalade (12 oz jar)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced ginger
- 8 oz package frozen Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
- Cut chicken into large bite sized pieces
- Add to a large plastic zippered bag along with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Shake to coat chicken well with cornstarch
- In a large skillet over medium high to high heat add canola oil
- Test one piece of chicken to ensure oil is hot enough (should sizzle when added) and add remaining chicken
- Sear for 4-6 minutes (depending on thickness) on each side until light golden brown
- Transfer to slow cooker
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients (except for noodles) including the other 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to make the sauce
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until chicken is fully cooked through
- Add frozen egg noodles and stir to combine and coat with sauce
- Cover and return slow cooker to high heat for another 30-40 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!