I'll be the first to admit that there are just some days where the idea of picking up some take-out is so much more appealing than the idea of cooking something (or cleaning up the mess). But then again, I usually feel way better about serving meals to my family that we've cooked at home. I know I'm not the only one that struggles with this. That's why I try to come up with easy ways to get good meals on the table that aren't a lot of work to prepare. And when those meals happen to be an even tastier version of one of the best take-out meals on the planet (at least in my opinion!)? I think that means we all win!
You'll be hard pressed to find a kid so picky they won't gobble down some crispy orange sesame chicken, especially when it comes with a side of homestyle egg noodles that are tossed with plenty of of that delicious sweet sauce! I finally found a meal my picky little 4 year old was excited to eat. That's no small feat considering she has a revolving list of about 2 meals she would prefer.
You might be thinking there's no way this is an easy meal, but it's actually so simple to pull together! Some chicken tossed with a little cornstarch and then browned up for a few minutes creates a perfect crispy crust that stands up to slow cooking (seriously!).
Quickly whisk together a sauce out of simple ingredients. Let it all simmer together in the slow cooker all day and then comes the best part! Stir in a package of Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles and it truly becomes a one-pot meal! I was super excited to create another recipe with Reames after how well my Slow Cooker Citrus Herb Chicken Noodle Soup turned out. I love things that help me create a homemade meal for my family while keeping it simple.
Certainly I didn't forget mention? Another chance to win a $50 American Express Gift Card! That's right, if you didn't get one last week then scroll back down here and enter every way you can!! I mean, who wouldn't want an extra $50?!
Slow Cooker Orange Sesame Chicken and Noodles
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Sweet Orange Marmalade (12 oz jar)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced ginger
- 8 oz package frozen Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
- Cut chicken into large bite sized pieces
- Add to a large plastic zippered bag along with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Shake to coat chicken well with cornstarch
- In a large skillet over medium high to high heat add canola oil
- Test one piece of chicken to ensure oil is hot enough (should sizzle when added) and add remaining chicken
- Sear for 4-6 minutes (depending on thickness) on each side until light golden brown
- Transfer to slow cooker
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients (except for noodles) including the other 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to make the sauce
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 until chicken is fully cooked through
- Add frozen egg noodles and stir to combine and coat with sauce
- Cover and return slow cooker to high heat for another 30-40 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Marzetti Reames Frozen Egg Noodles. The opinions and text are all mine.