So do we have a lot of pasta lovers here? Both of my kids have been requesting it for dinner a lot lately so I'm always trying to think of a new twist to add every time I make it. I've got to say that I really am loving that I can just throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker and have such an easy dinner that the family will love.
Creamy bow-tie noodles, rich baby bella mushrooms and plenty of chicken and bacon. What's not to love? I even added an optional step at the end to toast it all up with some buttery breadcrumbs. I mean, and extra few minutes to take it to that level? Totally worth it!
Cream sauces can typically be tricky at best but making it up in the slow cooker is practically fool proof!
Another winner for the list of easy meals for crazy days. since we are on such a pasta kick these days I've got another (spicy!) pasta coming at you next week!
Slow Cooker Five Cheese Chicken Bacon Pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced into bite sized pieces)
- 8 oz sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 oz shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar, colby, mild cheddar and monterey jack)
- ½ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 12 oz bowtie pasta noodles
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Add chicken, mushrooms, flour and seasonings to slow cooker and toss well to coat with flour as evenly as possible
- Slowly stir in broth and keep stirring until smooth
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 until chicken is fully cooked
- Return slow cooker to high heat and stir in cheeses, bacon and cream until cheese is melted
- Add pasta noodles and cover, stirring occasionally until noodles are fully cooked and tender (30-45 minutes)
- An optional but recommended additional step - Spray 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add cooked pasta to dish and top with breadcrumbs and butter
- Cook in oven until top is crispy and lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes
Pasta in the slow cooker is an amazing thing!! How about trying out a few more of my favorites?!