I know you’re thinking it can’t be done, but I promise you… it can! You can totally have this delicious Barbecue Chicken Pasta on the table for your family, on a weeknight, and only use one pot to make it… your slow cooker!! Yes, even the pasta! I know how busy fall can get, with school back in session, sporting events in full swing, work projects high on the priority list, or any number of other things that have you scrambling to get dinner on the table. And I know you’re tired of grabbing take-out or sticking frozen pizzas in the oven at the last minute. Whether it’s for your family, your friends or even just for yourself, you deserve better food and I want to show you how easy it is to make that happen.
I mean, do you see these ingredients? It’s truly this simple and you know you will feel good about the meal you are serving. Who doesn’t love juicy chicken, creamy melty cheese, fresh cilantro and pasta. Oh, and of course being from Kansas City, how could I not include barbecue sauce! The sweet and smoky flavor totally makes this meal. I’ve tried so many barbecue sauces, and I’ve even made my own, but for this recipe I found the perfect flavor with KC Masterpiece Sweet Honey and Molasses Blend Barbecue Sauce. So kid friendly and so good that we even drizzled extra sauce on each of our individual portions. Seriously, even your pickiest eaters won’t be able to find anything to complain about!
Are you wondering if you really have time for this? Well, if you can get just four ingredients into your slow cooker before you head out the door in the morning, you totally have time. Just put your uncooked chicken, barbecue sauce, and broth into the slow cooker along with a tablespoon of ranch dressing mix. That’s it! Just set it on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 and the rest will be quick work once you return.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, you will want to just pull it out and shred. Add the whipped cream cheese (this will be easier than regular, so if you can find it use it!) and shredded cheese and stir until smooth. Add the pasta, top with chicken and cook on high for another 30-60 minutes. You can totally handle this. Give it a couple of stirs while you help the kids finish homework or while you unwind with your favorite beverage and some Netflix and before you know it you will have a meal on the table that will be bringing everyone back for seconds!!
Can you even resist this barbecue saucy goodness?
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cups KC Masterpiece Sweet Honey and Molasses Barbecue Sauce (1/2 cup now + 1/4 cup later)
- 1 tablespoon dried ranch dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water whisked together
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 8 oz 1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- 16 oz pasta noodles (penne or rigatoni are best)
- fresh chopped cilantro green onions and additional barbecue sauce for garnish, optional
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Sprinkle with ranch dressing mix and top with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
Pour broth into slow cooker and give it a little stir to combine everything
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 until chicken is fully cooked
- Remove chicken to separate bowl and shred using 2 forks, toss with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Whisk cornstarch into liquid in the slow cooker
- Add cream cheese and cheese and continue whisking until smooth
- Stir in uncooked pasta noodles and top with chicken
- Cover and return slow cooker to high for 30-60 minutes until pasta fully cooked, stirring 2-3 times
- Add additional liquid 1/4 cup at a time if needed for pasta to fully cook
- Serve pasta immediately topped with cilantro, onions and additional sauce or as desired
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.