How many different ways can you make chicken? Apparently, a lot! Every time I think I’ve found my favorite I just end up finding yet another! I’ve had this vague idea of trying to make some sort of beer-can type chicken but one day when I was walking through the grocery store I saw a new spice blend by McCormick. It’s a Belgian-Style White Ale seasoning that is inspired by the flavors of Blue Moon Beer. Since I have at least a few Blue Moon’s throughout the year and love them, I felt like this might just finally come together!
Nice and juicy, super easy and a taste just like summer. And so much easier (or at least I would imagine) than sticking a whole chicken on top of a beer can on the grill. Just season it up and throw it in the slow cooker.
So, how is summer treating you? Ready for the kids to get back to school yet or still wishing for some more pool time? I’m kind of somewhere in the middle. Summer went by fast and we’ve had way to many appointments we had to get caught up on so I think we could use a little more fun time. On the other hand, my blog has been a little neglected (not to mention my house and 20 million other things) and I’m ready to get back into a routine.
Either way, it looks like the warm temps are going to be sticking around, and in my mind that requires simple and easy slow cooker recipes. Love these bone in pieces of chicken with skin on because they keep their flavor and juiciness. Add in the beer and seasoning and you just take it all to a whole different level!
- 3 - 4 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken (I used drumsticks, thighs, and wings)
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Grill Seasonings Belgian-Style White Ale
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 oz Blue Moon White Ale
- 2 oz orange juice
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium high heat (or use multi cooker)
- Season skin side of chicken well with seasoning and place skin side down in skillet
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until a nice golden brown color appears and skin starts to get crispy
- Place skin side up in slow cooker
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken in slow cooker
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Discard remaining cooking liquid and serve
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!