Can you ever go wrong with a creamy delicious soup for dinner? This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini soup is so simple yet so satisfying!
Is it possible to eat too much soup in the winter? I don’t think so! My family can’t get enough of creamy, filling, comforting bowls of soup during these endless cold months. And while we do love a good tomato based tortellini soup like this one, you can’t go wrong with a creamy one from time to time as well. This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is super easy, only uses a few ingredients and can quickly be thrown into the slow cooker before you head out the door for the day. And it doesn’t matter who you are, I’d bet you’d love to come home to a hot homemade meal ready to go.
How do you make tortellini soup?
There are obviously a million ways, from tomatoes to cream from chicken to beef to vegetarian. The important part is really that it contains ingredients you love.
I chose a broth based chicken version this time with the addition of evaporated milk for plenty of creaminess.
I used dried cheese tortellini soup which cooked up in the soup at the end for about 20 minutes.
What sides go with Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup?
This soup is pretty filling on it’s own, so you don’t need much. A few options we enjoy are:
- hard crusty rolls with butter
- a tossed green salad
- breadsticks for dipping into the soup
And a few tips for making this Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup:
- Add the milk along with the tortellini at the end so that the diary does not separate
- Add a little cornstarch slurry if you like a thicker broth
- If a little fat from the chicken thighs will bother you, just swap out for chicken breasts instead
- If you don’t have time to chop up the chicken, add whole and then simply shred with forks before adding the pasta
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots
- 1 teaspoon herb and garlic seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 oz evaporated milk
- 6 oz dried cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Dice chicken into small, bite sized pieces
- Peel and dice carrot into small pieces
- Add to slow cooker along with broth and seasonings
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8
- Turn slow cooker to high and add evaporated milk and dried tortellini
- For a thicker soup, stir cornstarch with an equal amount of water until smooth and add to soup
- Cover and heat on high for 20-30 minutes until tortellini is cooked and tender
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!