Remind me again why I choose to live in the freezing cold Midwest? I do love it here but I could do without the wind chills right about now and I could especially do without the pipes that keep freezing in my bathroom. In order to cope I have become a soup making machine. Lots and lots of hearty soul warming soups.
My biggest requirements from my soups at this point are that they be filling and hearty but also that they be pretty healthy. As much as I love creamy chowders and chili I have to keep into consideration that tank top/swimsuit season will be back before we know it.
- ½ to 1 pound boneless skinless chicken (I used a mix of breasts and thighs)
- 2 small zucchini squash
- 1 can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste (add at end)
- Cut chicken and zucchini into large chunks
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4
- Add salt and pepper to taste
I cooked this on low in my 4.5 quart slow cooker on low for 7 hours
Love EASY recipes as much as we do?
Let's join forces to ditch processed food and expensive take-out! Who's ready to create simple recipes at home using wholesome ingredients? Join me for EASY to make, family approved recipes every week and get my free guide!